December 2 – 8
- Monday: inactive rest, sore from Saturday’s race
- Tuesday: recumbent bike 45:00
- Wednesday: inactive rest
- Thursday: recumbent bike 60:00
- Friday: treadmill @ 1% (really cold outside). I bought a footpod to wear with my Garmin, and was not impressed with the results.
walk WU | 0.22 miles | 5:00
3.22 miles | 30:00 | 9:19/mi.
walk CD | 0.31 miles | 5:00
- Saturday: inactive rest. Went to the running store, and finally purchased a pair of Yaktrak. Hard to believe that it took 10 years of living in Minnesota to finally buy a pair.
- Sunday: Snowing, sub-zero windchill, single digit air temps. Not enough snow to test the Yaktrax.
6.02 miles | 1:00:00 | 9:58/mi.
December 9 – 15
- Monday: recumbent bike 60:00. Cold and shitty outside, didn’t feel up to it or treadmill.
- Tuesday: recumbent bike 60:00
- Wednesday: treadmill @ 1% | 4.10 miles | 38:00 | 9:16/mi.
- Thursday: inactive rest
- Friday: 4.04 miles | 38:00 | 9:24/mi. Outside.
- Saturday: 12.02 miles | 2:01:13 | 10:05/mi. Snowing, so got to wear Yaktrax for the first time. About 12 degrees with a “feels like” temp of 5. I passed a group of Marines out doing a training run, and a lot of them lacked hats or gloves. Felt kind of bad for them.
- Sunday: inactive rest
December 16 – 22
Came down with either food poisoning or a stomach flu on Tuesday, and was pretty much down for the week. Managed to run on Sunday outside (3.05 miles | 30:21 | 9:57/mi.)
December 23 – 29
Was busy with Christmas at the beginning of the week, and only got in 2 30-minute runs at the end of the week.